Newbie HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveH1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello
I'm Steve I've been keeping tropical fish for around 20 years. I've now decided it's time to go for the ultimate. Now I have time to spare and can give them the care they need.
Now I'm looking at a Red Sea 425 XL deluxe. First of all is this a good idea ?. Or am I best of to buy separates ?.
Secondly I was thinking of A reef tank , with soft corals.
Fish wise was thinking a couple of clowns , flame angel (if advisable ?) , fox face , royal gramma , goby. Other options ? , or changes?
Now clearly I'm a novice , please feel free to pull this post apart. I want to provide a happy place for me and my fish. So I'd like to know brutal answers to my plans :)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Steve

If you are a fan of all in one units, the red sea ones are top of the line IMO. I have the larger Red Sea Max. Replaced the skimmer and that was it.
With that said, the stocking options would be fine in that system. Surf around liveaquaria for awhile and get a feel of stocking options outside of that as well. You kept fish for 2 decades, really its the same thing just with 1 lbs per gallon of rock for your biological filtration. Weekly water changes...pretty easy stuff...just pricey at times.

Back
Top Bottom