newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shoelevy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi there all...i'm new to this hobby but already my interests and enthusiasm are way beyond astronomical scales.
haha.

i have heard that this hobby is tough and will be plagued by hardships but i do not mind because of its beauty!

i'm honoured to be part of this forum and hope all will lend me your help and advice.

i'm sure i'll have tonnes of questions in the future but as of now, i just have one question in mind:what do anemones need in terms of lighting, current and chemical composition of water inorder to survive well?
intense lighting or weak??
here in singapore, the only forms of lighting available are NO flourescent and metal halides. VHO flourescents are unfortunately not available so i'd be glad if advices on lightings can be made with respect to these 2 types of lights.
i am currently using a 5ftx2ftx2ft tank.

i welcome all comments and advice. thank you!

Pristine water conditions, high flow and very intense lighting in a mature tank to keep them alive and happy. Give your tank at least a year to mature and for you to get a good working knowledge of the hobby and you'll have a good chance with them.

welcome to aa :D depends on the anemone that you will choose it would be best to determine which types you have an interest in and go from there steve s has experience with many varrietys and i think that is very important i have limited experience with rose bubble tips and can tell you they like flow but not to much like light but not to much :wink: here is a link for a web site that i use to be much of my rbt information
http://home.att.net/~karenssaltwater/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Back
Top Bottom