newbie ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

banks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all i really want to get into the salt water tanks but dont have a clue as where to get started.I would like a 45 or 50 gallon corner style tank because i dont have the room for a 55 long tank or anything that long.Would a corner tank be good for a sw tank?Also ive been reading some of the other forum questions and i dont know what live rock is or a reef tank.Do the live rocks have stuff growing off of them?I dont want just a fish tank.I would like to have those rocks if they start growing things on them or the reef setup.Also whats a good book i can get to read on setting up tanks for newbies and what would be better for a newbie starting a sw tank the reef or live rock.Thanks for any info :)

I have to recommend you read the Conscientious Marine Aquarist. It will give you a great head start. Most people who fail in this hobby do not do the necessary research before jumping in. Corner tanks are fine for SW. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

:wave:

i agree with phases, make sure you research EVERYTHING before you purchase anything because you can lose alot of money if you dont have everything just right. And the live rock is the rock you see in these reef tanks. They have bacteria and all those goodies on them that help clean your water and plus they look good. They will also produce shelter for your fish.

Don't forget to read the Articles on this forum.
After you've done some research you'll be able to ask some focused questions and receive lots of help from the members here. We've all been newbie's and most still are :wink:

Back
Top Bottom