Newbie with a infestation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexRoerden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, this past week I was away from my fluval sea clownfish pair tank and came back to see a ton of white grows( see photo) all threw out evrystage of my filtration system. They look like anthropoids but they aren’t they aren’t alive like anthropoids are. My tank is about 8 months old.IMG_2200.jpg
PLEASE HELP! What is it and how do I treat it.?

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 73
They look like pineapple sponges from the hairy texture white appearance and a few have the shape in the third picture. Easier to tell up close, while still in the water.

To get rid of them don’t scrape them off they will just grow back and any chunk that may have fallen off will also grow new one. Have to remove the source keeping them alive. Maybe a few extra water changes in the schedule or perhaps over feeding is very easy to do put the clownfish on a diet

They do look like pineapple sponges to me as well. If that is the case, it’s not an infestation of any kind, they’re actually a very helpful filter feeder in your system. It’s a sign of healthy tank. I wouldn’t do anything to remove them or change any course of action. Just let them be, chances are they will start to drop off at some point in time when your tank matures and outcompetes them for nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom