Nicki's 50 gallon starphire seahorse tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna have to get one of those... Do you have remember what you paid for it?

Got it for $20. I think they're more expensive in other places, but we were in a shop in LA where all the wholesalers are so things tend to be cheaper.

Got it for $20. I think they're more expensive in other places, but we were in a shop in LA where all the wholesalers are so things tend to be cheaper.

Ok I emailed you the picture. Your inbox on here is full

Got the fan in the mail today...haha..I got fanmail. So loved. Okay, anyway, here it is in it's temp spot.

Attachments

• image-2917291952.jpg
    image-2917291952.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 134
Light strip came in from eBay today. It's pretty dim, but maybe it will work...

The fans work great! After only 12 hours the temp dropped 5 degrees (77-72 F). Turned it off for a night and the temp is now 76.

Here's a shot of the sump.

Attachments

• image-4199802419.jpg
    image-4199802419.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 146
Are they waterproof? Id probaly rig a arm with a piece of trim to stick it too and put it on the rim of the sump. Right over the chaeto or whatever your gonna keep. You can always clear silicone over the leds to waterproof them.

Are they waterproof? Id probaly rig a arm with a piece of trim to stick it too and put it on the rim of the sump. Right over the chaeto or whatever your gonna keep. You can always clear silicone over the leds to waterproof them.

Yeah they're waterproof. I think I might do that, but I wanted to keep mangroves and have it high enough where it wouldn't touch. Seems like an easy little DIY project.

Sad to say that last night Copper died b/c of the ich. I'll be taking out the blenny and putting it in my 70 g. He has no ich and I'll fw dip him before putting him in.

So my LFS said the seahorses were orangish yellow indicating they weren't very healthy (supposed to be a bright orangish red). I have to run the tank 8 weeks without fish anyway. This sets things back...

Sorry to hear. Things will work out in your favor soon. It does give you some time to see if that seahorse makes it. I lost my gsp to ich a long time ago. This particular fish actually got me into SW. RIP Nugget!
img_2617767_0_d1eb48f1bc7c1d43b004e099b8ea2846.jpg

Sad to say that last night Copper died b/c of the ich. I'll be taking out the blenny and putting it in my 70 g. He has no ich and I'll fw dip him before putting him in.

So my LFS said the seahorses were orangish yellow indicating they weren't very healthy (supposed to be a bright orangish red). I have to run the tank 8 weeks without fish anyway. This sets things back...

Why 8 weeks?

Sorry to hear. Things will work out in your favor soon. It does give you some time to see if that seahorse makes it. I lost my gsp to ich a long time ago. This particular fish actually got me into SW. RIP Nugget!

Aw, RIP Nugget. I never got the seahorses yet. I'm trying to catch the blenny (last fish in there), but he's a clever little guy. After that, I'll have to run the tank 7 weeks without fish to make sure the ich goes through their life cycle and the population dies without their host.

Aw, RIP Nugget. I never got the seahorses yet. I'm trying to catch the blenny (last fish in there), but he's a clever little guy. After that, I'll have to run the tank 7 weeks without fish to make sure the ich goes through their life cycle and the population dies without their host.

Oh ok. What kind of blenny? Oh and have you seen the seen the seen the sea dragon sea horses??? They are insane

Oh ok. What kind of blenny? Oh and have you seen the seen the seen the sea dragon sea horses??? They are insane

Tail spot blenny. Such a character and pretty in it's own way. Oh man those are the best seahorses ever! I've seen them in person at Birch Aquarium. I watched a video about the ones at the Hawaii public aquarium (forgot the name) and they cost $10,000 each and only last one year!!! The people at the Hawaiian public aquarium dug a $20,000 hole just so the tide could bring in a special tiny red shrimp to live in the "pond". That's what they feed their sea dragons and they have been living 4 or 5 years. Sorry about the blabbering, but man..so interesting!

Tail spot blenny. Such a character and pretty in it's own way. Oh man those are the best seahorses ever! I've seen them in person at Birch Aquarium. I watched a video about the ones at the Hawaii public aquarium (forgot the name) and they cost $10,000 each and only last one year!!! The people at the Hawaiian public aquarium dug a $20,000 hole just so the tide could bring in a special tiny red shrimp to live in the "pond". That's what they feed their sea dragons and they have been living 4 or 5 years. Sorry about the blabbering, but man..so interesting!

Wow. Never seen one in person but ive seen pics. They are very interesting, but what a price tag!

Haven't updated in a while so here's how things are going. The tank is running very smoothly and everything is thriving. Haven't been able to catch that blenny though! :nono: Still going to order seahorses, but not in a rush.

img_2664301_0_1c82ea8dbc8423fd1904197d8465daf1.jpg

img_2664301_1_36ed01ec292f9315b3557bcd2dd82e79.jpg

img_2664301_2_653fadfc844e25ac333229763ae90290.jpg

img_2664301_3_8f0e089357e20ed8088034b4be1dc15c.jpg

Elegance coral has recovered. Almost died a few months ago.
img_2664301_4_13755bd5bb9bc62f4fa6ef6f8eba7671.jpg

img_2664301_5_624055ec870f751e206fb946b7d9d09c.jpg

Gorgonians are doing well. :D

Back
Top Bottom