Nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need to find out how I can lower the nitrate from 10ppm from my RO water? I have a skimmer that is pulling a lot of brown gunk out of the tank. Here is the info on my tank:
29gl. reef tank
NH3 0
NO2 0
SG 1.26
temp 77.2
Would a DI help? TIA

It should help. So just to be sure, you're getting 10ppm of trates from your RO water? How long has it been since you changed your RO filter?

Nitrate comeing from the R/O system, when I tested just plain tap water the nitrates was will above 50, it has been about 6 months since we had changed the filters, and we have very bad water to begin with. The water company which is a private company says they are within the federal guidlines, but when I test the TDC's they are well above 1800ppm then when I test the R/O water they are down to around 87-98ppm. That is why I was wondering if a DI added to the R/O system would make a big difference at all. Sorry for the long rply but thought just incase you might have thought about something that I just covered.

BTW TIA

Your readings are too high after filtration. Sounds like it is time to change the filters. If the water is bad to begin with, they may not last 6 months.

Di will help, but you still need to change the ro filters.

Everyone thanks I had changed the filters the other day and the reading is now down to .5pmm is there anything else I can do to remove the rest of the nitrates?

Back
Top Bottom