nitrate level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As low as possible would be best but some of the softy corals like zoas, mushrooms, and other polyps can tolerate some nitrates. Why are you asking are you experiencing a spike? If you are having a spike on a cycled aquarium then i would check your feeding amount. Are you still cycling and wanted to know if you could put corals in? If it is cycling I would wait as you may be able to keep the coral but It may not be as healthy as it could be after the cycle. In other words torchur. However if it is just a question because you were wondering then probably for softies around 3-4 ppm would be acceptable. but I you plan on keeping sps then 0-0.4 would be best.
HOPED THIS HELPED

If you just have fish 30 or 40 is ok. I know people with nitrates over 100 including myself at one time.

In a fowlr tank, most fish can tolerate 60-80. Some fish even over 100. The real problem is the safety zone, or lack there of, when your tanks nitrate levels are that high. For example, if your tanks trates are at 10, if a random fish dies and decomposes in the tank, itll raise the trate level, but it may land somewhere in the 40-60 range. (maybe lower). However if your trates are at 60 and a fish dies, it could send it over 100 and really start stressing your fish

Back
Top Bottom