No room under/in my tank stand for a sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffy

Aquarium Advice Addict
No room under/in my tank stand for a sump. Anyone have any ideas? No equipment for one yet either. I've seen alot of pics of sumps and that's alot of stuff showing. Maybe a cabinet next to display tank?

Thanks everyone. I think if I'm gonna be spending bookoo bucks on my tank for their residents then I think to "save" me headache and possible their lives, I should put some sort of one together before I get any livestock. I still need to get other stuff too but that will come as I find I need it like this.

I'm thinking I'm going to buy a cabinet of some sort to put perpendicular to my tank along the wall. I'll need some sort of overflow box/return box. I'm also thinking I need to shift my tank 4 more inches or so to make room for other cabinet and be able to opening doors (yikes 80lbs of sand and 25lbs of rock to take back out) Would probably be better to do that before I put the 100lbs rock I'm supposed to get this week (LOL).

Any ideas on a size/kind that would work well? I believe I need big enough to hold water from main tank for emergency or something but I don't know how much it needs to hold, preferrably before it hits my floor.

I think I need to buy prebuilt as I'm not good at diy.

Back
Top Bottom