No2 in qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I’ve had my qt tank running for few weeks before added new fish, fish been in there just over a week but last few days off testing seen little no2 spike. Will the fish be ok with little no2 as have go away for 3 days from tomorrow, I’ve done few little wc last 3 days but still trace when test next day any info would be great thx guys

Qt and hospital tanks don’t have the ability to process ammonia and nitrite like our display tanks do since there is barely any area for bacteria to colonize in a bare tank. They require daily water changes to manage these parameters.

Qt and hospital tanks don’t have the ability to process ammonia and nitrite like our display tanks do since there is barely any area for bacteria to colonize in a bare tank. They require daily water changes to manage these parameters.

Last year had 3 fish in it and test where good just little no3. Just worry it goes to high before I get back. If I put little bit off rock out my main in qt would that help

If you are treating in the tank, you should never have anything in there outside of pvc elbows.

Well won’t be using any meds till come back if fish needs any. I’ve got few ornament could put in

Back
Top Bottom