Normal or did we mess up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tombraider23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just want to make sure this is "normal"
We started cycling the 29 gallon biocube 4 weeks ago. The the ammonia spiked and went to 0 in 6 days. The Nitrite hasn't gone down at all the last 3 week and nitrate is just starting to go up. We have diatom growth on the sand and glass already and some green hair algae.
It's the first time cycling with live sand, base rock and shrimp. The other times it's been with LR and LS.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's normal. It's just taking a little longer. Keep cycling it and eventually you will see a nitrite spike. Some cycles take an upwards of two months so just be patient. :)

Good luck on the cycle, - Raymond

The low nitrates that you are getting is the nitrites being broken down, so yes, you are cycling and getting there. :)

As the nitrites lower the trates will go up, since you have a high nitrite level you are gonna end up with an off the charts nitrate reading when youre done. lol

Keep at it. you are 2/3 of the way there. This is the longest part in my opinion but youre almost done!

Thank you! I wanted to make sure since we are doing it differently. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom