Normal Output lights with lr / macroalgae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, the only thing I skimped on with my new fowlr set-up is lighting, since I do not plan on keeping corals of any kind.

I do have a good amount of lr. I only have 2 40watt NO lights going. One Actinic Blue, one 10,000 Kelvin daytime.

The tank gets a fair amount of INDIRECT sunlight in the room it is in - nothing drastic and never any direct sunlight.

My tank is pretty high - 110 gallon 30inches tall. Is this source of light (80watts total) going to help coraline growth at all on the lr? Will it be possible to add any macroalgae to the tank with this lighting? I'd really hate to pay a fortune for lights when I don't plan on keeping corals - but, I would like nice looking rock and have toyed with the idea of someday getting some macroalgae in the main tank, but it's not a definite.

- The Skins

Just so you know....I am doin the same thing but am planning to get 4 40w NOs.
As HD they have a dual NO fixture that will run 40w bulbs for about $10, I have 3 of them in my garage and they are nice....

On the high tank I really don't think that you will get the growth you want. I have a 75g with 440 watts of lighting to get the growth I want on my rock. My rocks are beautiful.

send me an email, I might be able to help you get lights cheap.

Back
Top Bottom