not another newbie question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everybody :D I have had my tank up for about 5 weeks with live rock and just recently 2 ocellaris clowns. My question is can I add 2 purple fire gobies. I was trying to found out on some websites I was browsing but I couldn't find out when they should be introduced. All of my water parameters are good with my salinity on the higher end of the scale. Any help would be appreciated.

It's always a good idea to wait at least a month between fish additions, especially if this is a new tank. The biofilter needs time for bacteria to catch up and stabalize after additions of new waste producing animals.

If you are properly quarantining animals prior to introduction, then you could easily get them now and after the 4 week QT time is over. The display tank should be capable of handling the new fish by that time.

Make sure your display tank and QT are properly covered with eggcrate material or the like. Firefish are prone to carpet surfing.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom