Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 38 inches long if anyone was wondering. Is the protein skimmer a good one? We are seriously considering the tank

Looks like a good one Red Sea has good quality plus
more gallons the better small tank small problem big issues. Big tank small problem small issues

The equipment sounded efficicient enough for a reef Skimmer said 1000 liters that's only four times your volume but its only 66 gal I don't run a Skimmer on my 55 gal it should be fine IMO the pump called out ten times per hr. Which is how I sized my pumps lights are good as well it sounds like a good deal for an all in one system

I have one, what would you like to know?

img_1885333_0_5d79230b76077f076c0f36737a8a1839.jpg

Wow i had no idea this thread had many comments! Haha thanks guys! We set it up 2 nights ago an it looks great! We bought a new white one, heres the pic :)

Attachments

• image-4258615402.jpg
    image-4258615402.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 208
Yes we did, but we recieved a massive discount. :) thats why we had to go for it and sell off my other 2 tanks!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Yes we did, but we recieved a massive discount. :) thats why we had to go for it and sell off my other 2 tanks!

If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you

Yup retail is 1700 to 1750 new. We will be payin our parents back for a while! Good thing is that the tank comes with literaly Everything so we will not spend any money on equipment.

Heres the stock of the 66 as it stands...

Sw Stock List

1 occerellis clownfish
1 dragonette (in a year)
1 Orange stripe prawn goby
1 excusite Fairy wrasse
1 flame angel (debatable)
1 chalk bass
1 midas blenny
1 Schooling bannerfish (maybe...we will see!)
Too many? Just the right amount?

Invert list

2 cleaner shrimp
4 peppermint shrimp
1 tiger pistol shrimp
1-2 fire shrimp (eventually)
1 emerald crab
1 brittle star

And i am going to buy a Cuc from reefcleaners, probably the 20-30 gallon tank package. They usually give you way more anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom