Number of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjs1949

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have a 40 gallon tank with live rock , about 5 small coral and currently two small clown fish (1.5-2 Inc each) and a blue tang (2 inch).

How many fish can I have total on the tank.

Thanks

how much live rock is in there? also if you can, id reccomend returning the blue tang. they are not meant to be kept in anything smaller than a 6 foot tank.

You just cant pull up a number. It depends on the fish and the type of fish. Are they messy eaters? You`ll just need to post a list of what you want and let the members comment on if those fish will be OK. But there is no inces or fish rule in SW.

About 35 lbs of live rock

Am still interested in getting
A yellow tang
A gobie
Flame angel

you should get more rock at least 1.5-2 lbs a gallon id say. as for that list, the yelllow tang is a no because of your size, i believe angels pick at corals so maybe thats not a good choice and i think all or at least most gobies are fine

keeping tangs in a 40 gallon is sentencing them to an early death. it's inevitable. it's a good reason to upgrade though!

Both tangs need to be in a much bigger tank. They will not make it. They will suffer from a lower immune system hastening disease and parasite problems. Seen it many a time.

Back
Top Bottom