Oceanic 115 drilling and plumbing questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryanman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all. So i got this tank for free. Love it so far. But i need to install a sump. I want to drill the bottom but im 5050 as to wether it is tempered. So it seems the general concensus is to drill the back. Im thinking the best option is going to be a durso standpipe. What size bulkheads should i drill for this setup? How many holes spaced how far apart (should i have a backup outtake or pretty much 2 standpipes for saftey)? I want to do a 55 gal sump beneath it if that matters. I really want to get this started and i cant fill it until its drilled so... on a side note... couldnt i start the cycle by curing the rock in a tote with a pump. Another side question. Kydor third generation pump or the equivalent gph sicce? Thank for the help. This is my 5th tank and i really want it pit together right from the start.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't drill the bottom. For 1 it's always tempered, but more importantly if there is an issue you'll flood the room. You'll want to get an overflow kit and drill the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't drill the bottom. For 1 it's always tempered, but more importantly if there is an issue you'll flood the room. You'll want to get an overflow kit and drill the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This makes sense. I would definitely like to stay away from drilling the bottom. Thanks for the wuick response all. Reading all of the links everyone posted now then im sure i will have more questions. Again, i appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom