Ocellaris Clown Hosting on Elegance Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys one of my ocellaris clown had just hosted on my elegance coral. Yesterday I discovered he was jamming his face into the coral whole day long I thought he was nipping or picking on my elegance. Today he settled down a little bit rubbing his belly against the elegance but no face jamming action but he only rub his belly against the elegance occasionally when he swim past it. Is this normal? The clowns I saw at my LFS when they host the anemone or coral they will stay with the the coral whole day long hardly leave the coral at all. Thanks in advance.

They will look to different corals and even equipment as a host in the ome aquarium. In addition to my BTA, my percs use my hammer coral, toadstool, torch coral and xenia for a host. Be very careful with the elegance. They are a bit more fragile and the clown can irritate the coral.

My Oc (Amphiprion ocellaris) hosts in a pineapple brain in my 75G. My 2 percs (Amphiprion percula) host in an open brain in my 29g. Out of xenia, pipe organ, leather corals, etc, thats what they chose. They take to whatever. Less he's damaging the coral, its typically a natural, mutually beneficial relationship.

Peace.

My tomato clown host a pagoda cup while my gold stripe marroon host a bubble coral. Is not salt water exciting 8O

Yeah I had a problem with my Fire Clown and my Gonoporia. It didnt effect the coral at frist but after 4 or 5 months it wouldnt extend all the way and from where the clown was swimming back and forth, the gonoporia came down with brown jelly, I moved it into a QT but there really was nothing I could do. Now I do see a lot of clowns using brains and Xenia and other anemone look-a-likes without any problems it just depends on how fragile the coral is. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom