ODYSSEA Power Compacts - Anyone use them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anybody have anythoughts on the JEBO/ODYESSEA PC. I was thinking of getting 130 watts for my 50 gallon tank until i can save up for MH. I want to get my tank goin good, and i was looking for lunar lights anyway, and this comes with them. Anybody use these, any thoughts would be helpful. Here is a link to one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46314&item=4378168709&rd=1

JEBO products are items made in china and are inexpensive. They all come with mixed reviews. Look at the price and then decide if you want to risk the expense. I ended up buying a current orbit from ebay...

If you dont mind, I'd like to piggy back on your thread. (with a dumb question) :D

I have a 55 gallon tank that is 48" long. Because of the support bar in the middle, do I get 2 24" lights or 1 48" light??

I have been looking at the Current Orbit and believe that is what I will get once I figure this part out.

my problem is that they dont make a short light that puts out enough wattage because my tank is only 30 inches long. I have to go with 2. I think you would be fine with 1 48" light, but maybe others have exeperience with this. Kam, what pet store do you go to, i used to live in Buffalo.

badfish said:
Kam, what pet store do you go to, i used to live in Buffalo.

The Fish Place in North Tonawanda is closest to me. There are a couple poeple there that are very helpful (so not so great).

You should check out PetsPlus in Lockport, I used to have tons of reptiles before getting into saltwater, and i remember them having a lot of saltwater stuff, you might want to look into it.

badfish said:
my problem is that they dont make a short light that puts out enough wattage because my tank is only 30 inches long. I have to go with 2. I think you would be fine with 1 48" light, but maybe others have exeperience with this. Kam, what pet store do you go to, i used to live in Buffalo.

http://www.captivereefs.com/captivereefs/detailcat.asp?CatID=ltpc&SubCatID=satellite

Check this link out from one of our sponsors. I also believe he gives discounts to AA members.

Back
Top Bottom