Oh, how fast they grow up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lreilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had this colt for just around two months now and it has increased in size buy 25% to 30%. I takes up the almost the entire corner of the tank.

Just wanted to share a picture how my first Coral is doing.

Attachments

• dscf4142_203.jpg
    dscf4142_203.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 43
  • dscf4125_105.jpg
    dscf4125_105.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 36
that looks more like what I call a Sinularia Coral. Not sure if the Colt and Sinularia are in the same family or not I dont have my book, off the top of my head I want to say no.
The Colt is more pink/brown in color and have larger polyps some times.
It looks like it might be on its way to self fragging..
NIce coral.
My sinularia has grown very fast also.

Oh, no way.

That is what the lfs sold it to me as, and all the care I given is for a colt. LOL
I am glad I did not kill it if it is a sinularia.

It is basically a cream color. The base has been like that for it's entire life with me. Which I stated has only been a couple months. I guess I get to do more reading.

There is no special care needed for a Colt of a Sinularia, they are both easy to care for corals and fast growers. how about a full tank shot...

No way what??

LFS have been know to be wrong from time to time when Iding fish, corals and giving advice.
Check my gallery and you will see a colt on the left of the tank and a Sinularia on the right.

Here is my colt. I think that is what seaham was explaining

Attachments

• 000_0143_122.jpg
    000_0143_122.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 35
seaham358 yes it does look like the one in you gallery.

And I have been looking at pictures of both all day, thank you for pointing out my mistake.

The "no way" comment was because I was so sure, I knew what every thing in my tank was. I am trying so hard to make sure that I do every thing correctly. I let a false id pass by me. ( I look up every thing before I buy, and still)
It is embarrassing, to myself anyways.

There is so much to learn..

There is nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens to all of us. It still happens to me. :wink:

we are here to help and we are ALL learnign things every day... Keep posting and reading..

No matter what it is its a nice coral.

Back
Top Bottom