Oh no algae!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a tank full of red algae, what can I do to get rid of it?

All my parameters are where they should be

My lights are on from 9a - 7p

I feed 2x a day

I do a 10% water change every other week

your parameters are not where they should be. stop feeding 2 times a day- feed 2 times a week. do 20% water change a week, vacuuming out the cyanobacteria with each change.

2x's a week for fish too Mr X??? Sorry for the stupidity, I am new to the game also.

Plus, how much are you feeding a day? I only feed as much as they'll eat in 2 to 3 minutes, once every other day or so.

mr_X said:
your parameters are not where they should be. stop feeding 2 times a day- feed 2 times a week. do 20% water change a week, vacuuming out the cyanobacteria with each change.

I dont want to starve my fish. Are you sure they can live off of 2x a week? And how much?

boardsurfer said:
Plus, how much are you feeding a day? I only feed as much as they'll eat in 2 to 3 minutes, once every other day or so.

I feed a pinch of pellets. I feed slowly so I make sure they grab most of it. They few that hit the bottom get consumed by my inverts rather quickly.

Also, Turbo Snails will do a great job with that Cyano. They got rid of 99% of mine and are still working on it!:) Also, be sure to keep up on you PWCs

Ahhh,i know where I went wrong... My last water change had some tap water in it because I was trying to lower the salinity in the water. Tap causes algae breakouts.

Back
Top Bottom