Ok the live rocks in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garbear27

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to let cycle for two days then going to start a clean up crew that's what i was told to do is there any tips before I do that

melosu58 said:
Is this LR already cured? You`ll need to cycle more than 2 days.

I was told I could start putting a clean up crew in after 2 day and I have to wait another week or 2 weeks to put fish in

you'll need to cycle fully before adding any livestock. your tank will start to look pretty gross before you can add a CUC

that means ammonia spike then drop, nitrIte spike then drop, and some nitrates

Read how to cycle in the articles section,your tank could take 3 weeks+ to cycle,how much LR or is it just base rock,where did you get it from,another tank?

David S said:
Read how to cycle in the articles section,your tank could take 3 weeks+ to cycle,how much LR or is it just base rock,where did you get it from,another tank?

It's just a small 10 gallon tank and I have 10 pounds of rock i think it might be going thru a ammonia spike already cuz when I tested it read at .25ppm so does that mean I do a water change or do I just leave it be to keep cycling

just leave it to cycle,wait until the trites raise then fall,then trates will rise,once amm and trites are zero do a 30-40% water change if nitrates are above 20,i wouldn't add CUC until this point.then add 1 fish/month

Back
Top Bottom