Ok to have cleaner shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss cruz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i have a 12 gallon tank i have one damsel in it three crabs an was going to get two cleaner skunk shrimps will that be ok ? :)

Hi i have a 12 gallon tank i have one damsel in it three crabs an was going to get two cleaner skunk shrimps will that be ok ? :)

Depending on the crabs sure. They shouldn't bother each other. May need to supplement feeding though.

Ok was just checking i had enough room hate over crowding i got a little guy got two tiny ones crabs dont seem boterd at all thanks :)

Your ok to add them and you dont have to supplement feed them. They will eat anything from frozen cubes to flakes

Aww thanks the bigger one chases the little one when he gets too close but they seem fine i just fed my corals an fish an they had some :)

They might pair up, they usually do. Ive only had it happen once that the bigger guy killed the smaller one.

They might pair up, they usually do. Ive only had it happen once that the bigger guy killed the smaller one.

Mine did that for a few days but then they paired up and you'd rarely see them on opposite sides of the tank. Then I think my marine beta are them. He's on his way out of the tank as soon as he swims into my trap.

Mine did that for a few days but then they paired up and you'd rarely see them on opposite sides of the tank. Then I think my marine beta are them. He's on his way out of the tank as soon as he swims into my trap.

Ya, the LFS will sell you nice fish like the betta with out letting you know its not reef safe, bummer :(

Yes theyve paired lil cuties :) yeah fish shops are really annoying i got a blue an yellow damsel an was told hes ok to get good starter fish etc he had been in the tank for two weeks then i got a clown an all hell broke loose ! Until i researched an apparently damsels should go in last as there very terratorial i took the clown back my damsel now has the whole tank to himself bar my crabs an shrimps i do love him though but i dont trust fish shops now i just research everything deffo live n learn :)

Yes theyve paired lil cuties :) yeah fish shops are really annoying i got a blue an yellow damsel an was told hes ok to get good starter fish etc he had been in the tank for two weeks then i got a clown an all hell broke loose ! Until i researched an apparently damsels should go in last as there very terratorial i took the clown back my damsel now has the whole tank to himself bar my crabs an shrimps i do love him though but i dont trust fish shops now i just research everything deffo live n learn :)

I don't even look at damsels haha. I pass that section completely now. I've never seen such an annoying fish. Constantly bugging other fish around it. The first fish, middle fish, and last fish added never made a difference when I tried damsels.

Back
Top Bottom