OMG we are nuts!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fernzpat

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just helped my Mother-in-law buy a 7 (3 top, 3 middle, 1 bottom about 40 gals each) tank wall unit with a huge pump, UV sterilizer, Chiller, Bio wheel the size of a computer monitor, 20 gal sump, & 240 watts worth of N.O. lighting!!! All in all it's about 7 feet tall and 5 ft wide. It was a Wal-Mart wall unit that is less than a year old...

She raises sea horses, but I am trying to talk her into selling it.

An adventure to be sure, and I can't help wondering how good it would look as a coral prop. farm...

:D

With only 240W of light over the 7 tanks it wont be much of a prop farm unless you can up that to maybe 240W over each tank.

With only 240W of light over the 7 tanks it wont be much of a prop farm unless you can up that to maybe 240W over each tank.

Agreed - and even then, you would't want NO lighting.

Sounds cool for seahorses, though!

I knew it would not be enough lighting for a reef right now, but the thing has about a 12" clearance for MH's.

I don't know about a bio wheel though... sounds like nitrate city... but I would likely keep little live stock in it...

Back
Top Bottom