On an up grade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have still got to aquascape it but here is how it looks now.

ForumRunner_20130412_110327.jpg
All I did was put the rocks some place that was not on top of any coral.

Well here it is

ForumRunner_20130412_124257.jpg
I think I have to much flow, no matter where I point the powerheads sand is climbing the hill it is making. Lost one SPS somewhere in there. And I think I like T5's better. I don't see how these things can be more powerfull. I think that I should have went with a 8 bulb aquaticlife fixture. We will see .

Gotta just start low and work your way up. If things start bleaching its too high and if they brown too low .

So the tank has been doing well other than all the sand in the corners getting pushed in (to much flow) my problem is not trusting the lights. I feel they don't give enough then the next day to much, no patients

Just avoided a huge problem with the tank or should I say the house. I was going to bed and my wife told me to go down stairs. When I get there she tells my that she hears sparks and smells something burning. This also happens last week. This time I heard the sparks and could smell it as well. So trying to figure it out I turned off the power strips. Still the sound and smell, so I look behind the tank and I can see sparks where one of the plugs is plugged in the wall. I can also see water built up on the top of the plug. So what do I say O ****. The tank is about 4" from the wall and the plugs are behind the sump. I guess there is to much moisture building up? I'm lucky I didn't burn the house down when my family was sleeping.

So I figured out why the cord was getting wet. I found that the way I had installed the gfo and carbon reactor was all the way to the back of the sump. The return tube was leanking and very close to the back. It seemsike it was leaking out enough to get dripped on the cords.

Hadent been to the LFS in quite some time. Well I went today came home with a red planit, a green acro don't know the name but a real cool dark green. I sill post a photo when I place them

Yeah.... I went to take them whites were out and now leaving for work. I come home for lunch I will get some then.

Back
Top Bottom