Oops...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgekrusher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I made a mistake this weekend, more like a moronic move. I was messing with a top off system and like a complete moron I thought it was finished, didn't test, went straight to mixing in kalk. Well after the stupid thing emptied it's contents, half a gallon into a 12 gallon nano my pH spiked considerably. my test kit doesn't read above 8.6 and after two 15% water changes the pH is still reading 8.6 I have more water waiting for when I get home. My question is how do I lower the pH right now.

Thanks

Edge

I would say contnue water changes. You will probaly need to do more than just a few 15% water changes. maybe a pair of 50% water changes.

In theory two 15% water changes really does not work out to 30% of teh water volume changed. Its more like 20% or 23%. I think there was some major formula for figuring it out but its above my febel mathmatic mind.

how where you adding your kalk. I find it best to use a drip line as its easy to control the drip rate with an airvalve or a knot tied into the line.

I had made up a Nurce type system, but cut the hoses wrong so that the air tube was out of the water and the dosing tube was in, the container just emptied in like 5 min. I have water waiting to go when I get home, I hope my fish make it, thank god I don't have any corals yet. :|

Back
Top Bottom