OOPS! i might have made a boo boo..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so. i was changing the water in my 8G nano cube..(1 Gallon) i mixed the saltwater (instant ocean) which says you can use it immediately...after adding the saltwater back in there is white particle floating all around..presumably undissolved salt? i thought i mixed it really well..by putting the cap on and shaking the whole jug violently for a minute or two..did i screw up? how else should i mix it..i only have an anemone in there..should i move him asap? i think he might be done if these white particals are salt because he's filtering them out with his tentacles..

Melosu, i would appreciate it if you did not comment anymore with that ridiculous profile picture..lol JK im just a hating giants fan, and couldnt resist busting your balls!

I think you will probably be ok as will your nem. You don't need to wait 24-48 hours for your water to mix but it is a good practice. What I do and a lot of others do also is to get your rodi in a container (5g bucket, Rubbermaid bin, garbage bin or even an old aquarium) and run a powerhead and heater on it then just add salt and walk away. The powerhead does the mixing for you, no shaking heavy 5g buckets or hand stirring required. I'm a big fan of work smart not hard so if I can make life easier and have a pump do it for me then I'm all in. I work out of town so don't always have 2 days free to mix water so I generally start it in the morning and then do my water change after supper. As long as the salt in fully dissolved and the mix is at the desired temp then your good to go.

Back
Top Bottom