OPINIONS ON THE NANO CUBE 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MERCTECH

Aquarium Advice Regular
I BEEN THINKING ABOUT GETTING MY FEET WET IN THIS SW HOBBY. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE NANO CUBE 24. I WOULD LIKE A BIGGER TANK BUT I DONT KNOW IF I COULD PUT IT UPSTAIRS IN AN APARTMENT WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT. DOES IT MATTER?? I WANTED TO DO A SMALL REEF?? HOW MANY FISH CAN BE PUT IN?? ETC...ETC...

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
The JBJ nanocube is a decent unit. I have the 12gal deluxe model set up as a nano reef and am pretty happy with it. The three stage filtation in the back is pretty good as long as you do not use the sponges, bioballs or ceramic rings the unit comes with. Just fill up the chambers with LR rubble instead. It is a much better filtration media. For the same amount of money you may be able to set up a 29-38gal tank and just buy the accesories. Since this is your first SW tank I suggest the first thing you buy is a copy of "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner to help you get started. Keep in mind that the 24 gal nanocube will only support three or four very small fish. Look at firefish, clowns, royal gramma, sixline wrasse or various gobies as options.

WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE BIGGER TANKS YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE ONES I FIND 30 GAL REEF READY $650

Back
Top Bottom