Orange stuff on my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a leather coral today, nice purple color but at its base there is some type of bright orange stuff growing all over it, also a portion of this stuff has some orange spike looking things coming out of it almost like horns.

what is this, could it be a sponge because its soft and today this coral as been exposed to air and will be again when i propagate the leather later tonight. if it is a sponge, any chance on it surviving after being out of water.

im sorry for the poor picture quality i only have my phone's camera for now.

img_893214_0_d31e112f78a765ec590566cc9de96be0.jpg
img_893214_1_aac3c3b5a56cd4d8760a0e5daefb343e.jpg

Purple leather...hmmmm. Never saw or heard of that before.

Focus Daniel-son...lol. Can't really tell from that pic, but I would guess some type of macroalgae and maybe coralline for the orange.

ive never seen orange coraline , thats neat though if it is.

here is a purple cabbage that i have, it looks just like this thing.

here is the mine and compared to the one online.

img_893227_0_c3ddb0ca6021213755120d8fcd9e88a1.jpg

p-84627-cabbage.jpg

I`ve seen orange coralline before. I`m pretty sure that`s what it is. The other stuff looks like some sort of macro as mentioned. The cabbage leather will turn more pink as it grows and opens up.

iv been looking w/ google searching for orange or yellow macro algae but have not found anything, ill have to wait week or so and see what it does for further inspection.

Back
Top Bottom