Oxegen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60g tank it has a wet dry filter that pumps the water into the tank from the top I was wondering if this gives the fish enough oxegen it is fish only and one of the damsels keeps going to the top it looks like to breathe the people at the lfs who sold it to me said it is enogh oxegn thanks for your help :D

the water running over the wet/dry should give it enough oxygen. The fish gulping at the surface may be the sign of over water quality issues however.

What were the results of your latest water tests?

I am still cycling the tank I just have 2 damsels in the tank the last test yesterday was PH 8.0 am 0.2 ni0 and na 0 the salt is 1.022 Thanks for the reply this is a great site I am learning alot I know I should have used shrimp to cycle but I learned that after my lfs told me to use dammsels

I should have used shrimp to cycle but I learned that after my lfs told me to use dammsels
You and me both.

well the WQ looks ok (considering the cycle), you can expect the ammonia to keep getting higher though. I'd say when it starts getting over .5 you should do small water changes to keep from killing your damsels. It's not too late to take them back to the LFS, btw. A lot of folks end up taking them back eventually anyway as they can end up quite agressive. take em back and drop in a shrimp, you've already got some ammonia in your tank so that will keep the cycle going while the shrimp warms up :eek:)

The rising ammonia is certainly stressing your damsels and their surface breathing could be a symptom brought on by something else thats affecting them due to the stress...

HTH

Back
Top Bottom