Ozone generators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody think these are a good idea I have ich and lost a lot of fish and just want to use it a a preventative of it happening in the future and to also keep water clear.

Does anyone use these and have any info
Thanks.

Ozone will only kill the ich parasites that enter the ozone reactor...and most are in the tank itself so it's not an effective treatment for ich.
There is alot involved in running ozone. You need an air dryer so the air going into the generator is dry, an ozone generator, an ozone reactor and an ORP controller which will control how often the ozone runs. Running too much ozone can kill the entire tank pretty fast.

Hey thanks for the reply but if I run it at the minimum would it not help, without over dosing.

And I know it has to run through the ozone to work but will It eventually not kill all the ich present and help when I introduce new fish to my tank.

I've lost about 9 fish since the outbreak and need something to help me in the future.

Back
Top Bottom