Painting Aquarium Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I made the mistake of not painting my tank before setting it up. I'm getting rid of all my hang on equipment and adding a sump. I'd love to paint the back, but I'm not sure about fumes now that the tank is full.

Has anyone painted the back AFTER the tank was filled?

- Skins

Why not tape the top off while you paint it? Just take a garbage bag or some thing that you can use to keep the vapors and stuff out. The tarp/bag wont be on long enough to hurt anything I wouldnt think. Took me like 5-10 mins to paint my 10g.

Or, you can just tape up a solid black background paper. Much easier, it seems, and I don't think you'll be able to tell.

I painted it when it was filled. I just got a roller and paintbrush from my garage and some black acrylic based paint and did about 2 coats on the back. My tank is only like 5 inches off the back from my wall so it was a little tricky but definatly do-able.

Awesome. Thanks. I do have a blue background on it now, but you can't really see it well plus there are water marks between the paper and the glass and it looks stupid.

I'll give it a try when the hang on back stuff comes down.

Thanks again.

- Skins

Back
Top Bottom