Particles(dust like) floating around in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tmgixxer said:
Yes I do have to gobe's and one is actually rather big about 3". I will take one out and put it in my cube. Do you think it will be a problem if my sand is black in there? it's not LS.

Don't know about the black sand issue,but if the Goby can't sift it I'm afraid it would starve.do you have anyone you could trade it to,or see if your LFS would give credit?

You also need to make sure your powerhead is not pointed where it might be blowing sand particles into the water.

Well I actually like the gobe so I'd like to keep him. My power head if facing across the tank it doesn't manage to lift the sand but it might blow particles off the LR.

Like I mentioned before I do have diatoms going on but I try to keep cleaning them off cause I do have my fish and some coral. I'm fairly new at the hobby n I do enjoy it I just hope I am doing a good thing by cleaning the brown algae off.

tmgixxer said:
Well I actually like the gobe so I'd like to keep him. My power head if facing across the tank it doesn't manage to lift the sand but it might blow particles off the LR.

Particles off the rock is a good thing.Keep an eye on the Goby in the cube and see how he does.If he starts getting thin you will need to do something with him.See if anything changes with just having the one Goby in your DT,if no difference than it could be your filtration turnover isn't sufficient.

My experience is that no matter how much physical filtration you have you'll always have something in the water column. This is what my corals, shrimp, snails, and Pods eat and that's good. My tank still looks nice and clear though.

Like I mentioned before I do have diatoms going on but I try to keep cleaning them off cause I do have my fish and some coral. I'm fairly new at the hobby n I do enjoy it I just hope I am doing a good thing by cleaning the brown algae off.

Back
Top Bottom