Peach Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone ever heard of these?

I was walking through a local pet store (mainly does dogs and birds but a nice mini fish setup) and saw a tank full of them. I'd never seen them before or even heard of them (thought chromis only came in blue or green). i'm curious as to their nature and hopefully that they arn't a simple painted fish (sadly this place sells painted goldfish and tetras from time to time) any info is appreciated

Never heard of it either. More then likely the lfs got the name/species wrong. A photo would help but was it a Dispar Anthias also known as the Peach Fairy Basslet? Also could be Chromis insolata or the sunshine fish.

sadly no pic, it had the same body as a blue/green chromis only it was a peach yellow/orange color. size was on par with a green chromis, definitely not the first you mentioned (that came up on my google search for info)

as tecwzrd kindly posted and saved me the trouble of haveing to find it again, there are quite a few diff chromis. I was looking them up myself a while back out of curiosity. Its possable that its a chromis under a diff name, its poss they got the name wrong =).
Isnt this hobby fun ? heheh

yeah i know there are a large quantity i didn't see any similar on the link posted above, if i get the chance (busy weekend) i'll go back to the store and try to snag a good pic

Back
Top Bottom