Pearly Jawfish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silverain420

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello! I am special ordering a pearly jawfish from my LFS. I have read as much as I could possibley find ( I will always take more info or links if you have it) and was wondering how I should best acclimate him into his new home. I have read that jawfish are very dificult to move from one tank to another because they hide in their burrows. Most of the stories I find talk about the jawfish getting crushed when he is attempted to be caught. So my question is this - is it better to pick him from the LFS immediatly before he gets settled into their tank, or should I let them quarantine him for a week or two to be sure he is healthy? While I certainly don't want to bring home any diseases, I also want to cause the least amount of stress I can. Would I be better off picking him up as soon as they get him in so he only has to settle into one home? TIA.

Jen

Unless they put the fish in a tank with a DSB, it shouldn't be a problem. I would leave instructions to put the fish in a tank with a ssb, or a bare bottom tank, and leave it there for a week or two. Even though they are "quarantining" the fish for you, it should still be quarantined when you get it.

Back
Top Bottom