Peppermint shrimp problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
My pep's keep making babies 8O , how can I help them to survive? The stupid shrimp will carry them and then when ready to release them shoots to the top of the tank and scatters them all over. My fish go nuts. 8O Are there any surviving? Or are they just an afternoon snack for my fish? If it's snack time will they survive and grow if I move them to a tank with no fish before they release them? I swear it looked like there was 1000 little white things floating in the water.

There is a lot more involved to raising Cleaner Shrimp Larvae than just a seperate tank.

Joyce Wilkerson has an inexpensive pamplet titled How to Raise and Train Your Peppermint Shrimp. It's a great beginner introduction to raising Lysmata sp. Shrimp.

In a reef tank they will all become lunch for someone. No way around it. If they were in a tank by themselves, that may be a different story. Honestly, don't know anything about raising shrimp. Hey, how is the overflow working out?? Lando

Hey, how is the overflow working out

Actually got it laying beside my desk, it was too small for my pump, I was supposed to send it to someone but haven't got around to it.

Back
Top Bottom