Pet Smart tank for salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ant1862

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, someone please tell me I can use a pet smart National Geographic tank for salt water. My uncle had to move so gave us his which was never used, 46 gal bowed tank, & my family & I have been wanting to set up a standard salt water tank, no reef, just salt water fish, & the opportunity has just came, I just hope that using this tank for salt water will be ok? Thanks for advice.

I don't see y you couldn't

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks much, yea, idk, I just happened to see on the pet smart website under the tank that it said "watertype: freshwater"...but I don't see why it wont be good for salt, it seems to be a good quality tank. I think the rest of the equipment that I need for it I will purchase online from the sponsored links here to help support this page & to get high quality supplies. I want to do everything right. Anyway, thanks again.

I guess it all depends on what it comes with. metals might erode in a saltwater aquarium so if it comes with a water pump or filter you might want something made for salt water. Other then that you should be able to use any aquarium for saltwater. It could also just be stating that the lights are only suitable for freshwater plants and not coral or other photosynthetic inverts

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea your right, everything looks good, no metal or anything. I've also began doing research into exactly what i need for sale water set up. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom