pH and my new Red Sea Max

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kramolegna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 1 month old Red Sea Max 250 tank (65 gal). Have about 30lb Fiji live rock. Bought some reef cleaning crew with banded shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs, and a sea urchin.
Tank looks great. Lighting is great.
Someone suggested I put seaweed strip in tank to be sure urchin is fed. Since I started doing that (about 2-3x/wk), the pH dropped to 8.0. Not sure if this is related or just part of the tank cycling. All other levels are perfect. Never had a bump in ammonia, or nitrites. Nitrates are zero. I change the water 10% every other week so far.
Should I react to this pH drop, or wait it out a bit longer? Is it related to the cleaning crew or seaweed?
Thanks! ?

8.0 is nothing to worry about, however the pH drop is most likely from a buildup of excess CO2. Opening windows in the house to allow fresh air in along with have good surface agitation will raise it. Im not familiar much with the Red Sea max's but also opening the hood during all this will allow air exchange.

Back
Top Bottom