Ph monitor necessary for biocube 29???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just upgraded to leds, because I want better growth and a few sps and a clam. Ive had a pretty successful two years, although I've lost a coral here and there. Question, is a ph monitor necessary? I was thinking about the reefkeeper light with upgrade from marine depot. China with a ph and temp probe. Do I need it? Will it help? I do water changes per month. Just wanted to check.

I don't even monitor my ph, let alone have a probe to monitor it.

I'm with hank, I have done 1 pH test since I setup my sw tank. I have mostly sps corals, many I which are acropora. pH usually falls in line as long as alk is held pretty constant.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm with hank, I have done 1 pH test since I setup my sw tank. I have mostly sps corals, many I which are acropora. pH usually falls in line as long as alk is held pretty constant.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There is so much water movement in my open top tank that it isn't something I worry about. I've killed coral trying to get 'the perfect ph'.
Along with that, we know it can't drop too far simply because of the rock and sand we use. I want to say, and I might be wrong on the number, that it can't go under 7.

I don't even monitor my ph, let alone have a probe to monitor it.
+1 my ph hasn't shifted more than 0.1 in the 5 months my 90g has been running. The only reason I still test ph is that it takes mere seconds to do the test.

+1 my ph hasn't shifted more than 0.1 in the 5 months my 90g has been running. The only reason I still test ph is that it takes mere seconds to do the test.
What test tells you to that specific number? I'm sure not a color test.

Back
Top Bottom