please help!!!! Got my 29g biocube.. all set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Myfatherlegacy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yes I cycled the water, added live rocks, after many weeks all the tests came out ok.. I got few damsel in there, hermit crabs, still waiting to everything to settle before adding soft corals and fungii but wondering why is my water reading 84f!!!! How can I cool it? Help ( dont want to cook my fish)

I used to keep my front lid and back lid open. It dropped the temps down to like 78-79 for me which is acceptable. If you have jumper fish then maybe just keep the back flap open during the day. On a bright note, we dont need heaters. LOL I recently took off the entire hood and am using a 4 bulb t5 over it so I have zero concerns about temperature now.

help tank is overheating!!!

Thanks Carey for your input... I like the idea to lift the hood up, I actually did it last night and it did dropped to 83.7 but I dont think it is enough.. and the bio cube has a real big top I really dont want to keep It open for long.. got a toddler on a prowl...lol I am a considering a stronger fan, if that is even an option on the cube.
Good thing the night bought down the temperature to 81.4.. still I would like to keep it steady 79-80.:fish2:

You could look into purchasing a small water cooler to lower the temp steady but they are really costly

Back
Top Bottom