Plumbing question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
I connected my pump today and added water to the tank. I have 2 drain lines and 2 return lines. All are 1 in. My drain line on right side of tank is draining a lot of water volume. But the left one only draining a very small amount and I cannot figure out why. The standpipes are exactly the same. Didn't know if should be concerned or if it was ok.

You may have one side of the tank higher than the other. Mine is off by about a centimeter. Not much, but when it comes to an overflow, it makes a difference. Not sure if that's the case but just a thought.

I'll have to recheck but it was level before I added the water. Could the hole on top of standpipe affect how much water it drains?

It's possible, has it ever had water flowing through it? You could plug the other drain and check if it works then

It will if I close off the one side. Just won't with them both open. It's crazy. It's actually less restrictive on the side not draining as well.

This is the first time I have had water in tank other than a small amount I used to test for leaks by pouring directly in overflow.

Back
Top Bottom