pom pom xenia & super glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcnguyen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am really new at this and had gotten a frag of pom pom xenia. I tried to super glue it to the base today but got the glue on the actual xenia itself also not just the base. Will it recover from this?

Xenia is hardy and will prob recover from this. Also do not try and glue Xenia to a piece of rock. Instead try and place it in a crevice so it can attach it's self after about 48hours. You can also put a bridal vale over the rock and Xenia to hold it in place.

Thank you Tomchong22. I will leave it and see what happens.

You can rubber band the xenia to a small rock or you can run a toothpick through it and catch the ends of it with a rubber band to hold it in place or even use a thread and needle and sew it to the rock.

Rubber band works best IMO. The frag doesn't have to be straight up and down, just lay it on a small rock and wrap a rubber band around it.

I've seen them split from a rubber band only. Use Joy's method. Run a toothpick 1/8" or so thru the bottom of the stalk, then have the rubberband on each end of the toothpick and under the rock. In maybe two days, it'll attach just fine. I've done it a hundred times.

Don't worry about the glue. After 5 seconds, I'm betting there was no trace of glue on that wet, slippery fellow anyway.

Back
Top Bottom