Possible fish combinations for new tank. advice requested.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning on setting up an 80-100 gal SW tank in my room within the next 2 months and would like some suggestions on what combination of fish to buy. I have alot in mind but I'm positive they all won't get along in one tank.

Ideally I wout love to have A Royal Dottyback, a Blue Tang, a pufferfish, a Niger Trgger, a Chainlink Eel, a cowfish, a clownfish, maybe one small lookdown (or two), and a blue dot Jawfish. Which fish would absolutely not get along together and which would get along together well? I would also like to have some coral and some inverts as well (I'm at a loss as to which ones to get). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA :)

Chainlink Eel

The eel would probably end up eating any fish that is small enough to get in its mouth.

The rest of the fish look ok other than their potental full size would make for an awful crowded tank IMO.

fishfreek said:
Chainlink Eel
The eel would probably end up eating any fish that is small enough to get in its mouth.

So you think that the eel will be causing most of the problems? I most likely won't get that many fish since I don't want to spend a fortune on my tank, but I REALLY want an eel. I'll do some more research on it. Would an eel feed on small crabs and shrimp?

Also, will I be able to keep Anemone and Coral with these fish? If not, what will happen? Will the fish eat them?

royal dottyback will eat small ornamental shrimps.blue tang reef compatible.pufferfish absolutly not reef compitable.niger triggers will eat inverts.cowfish not reef compatible. blue dot jawfish reef compatible needs a dsb.chainlink eel will eat small fish.hth

the trigger probably wouldn't get along to well with the others. tangs need a lot of swimming space.

The trigger and puffer will mow down an anemone. any crustacean is doomed also, unless you keep them well fed and if you do that be ready for a lot of water changes.

Back
Top Bottom