Power head flow placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't decide on my pH placement should I have them shooting at each other, one down the back of the rock one at the front sand bed, or something else any suggestions?

PH placement can take a lot of trial and error to get right. I prefer a chaotic flow (best for coral) which can he achieved by pointing PH's at each other. It is difficult to find the optimum position that leaves no dead spots in the tank. I find having them low pointing up towards the surface works best. I have both of mine in the back of the tank hidden behind my rock. It took a lot of small adjustments at least for me to get it just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far down the tank pointing up like how many inches above the sand bed

In a 55 gallon (48" long 23" deep) tank I have one about 5" above sand bed and one about 10" above sand bed. The one that's 10" up is slightly more powerful then the other and gets good water movement on the surface which is also important. This is just what works for me based on where I have certain corals in my tank.

I just want them positioned so that flow gets behind the rocks as well as the sand bed does yours do that

Mine does for sure. You just have to make sure your power heads are strong enough for your size tank.

Back
Top Bottom