Powerhead size and placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgraz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 1 of these Aqueon 700 Aqueon® Circulation Pump - Water Pumps - Fish - PetSmart
And one of these Koralia 425 Amazon.com: Hydor Koralia Nano 425 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 425 gph: Pet Supplies

Plus my HOB filter that claims to move 264 GPH. That gives me a grand total of 1389 GPH. Is that enough for my 44 Gal corner Pent.

On the placement issue, how should they be positioned. I noticed the other day when I moved one to make room for rock a cloud of debris came up off the substrate behind some other rock. Any and all sugesstions are welcomed. Thanks
Graz

There are no questions? Lol aim your powerheads up if it's really bothering you with the sand/substrate being kicked up.

1389 sounds good
Make sure that the flow circulates around ur corners and gets to dead corners.
There will always be some kind of settled down stuff somewhere, so just make sure that during PWCs you siphon some of that out.
Some ppl change their powerhead positions weekly it monthly or "storm" the tank once in a while. Try what works vest for you

Also, between MN and 8am most of us are sleeping ;) sorry it took a while

Back
Top Bottom