Powerhead stressing tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bird33

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just put a 1500 power head in my 75 . I believe it stressed out my tang to death!! Has this happen to anyone!?

Nope. I have a 105 which is 4' x 24" x 21"....just a little deeper front to back from your tank, and i have a 2400 gph power head in it along with a 1500 gph return pump and I think it's not enough flow.

Understood. But do I think introducing the power head could stress out the tang?

Just changed the water Friday. All levels are perfect. Took my water to LFS. They said it was possible that he got stressed.

I agree with mr.x, the ocean is much more powerful than our tanks. No way more flow killed the tang an no smaller fish.

So what could it have been??? I'm stumped . Water was perfect to a T.

Putting something new, like a powerhead, into the tank might have stressed it a little, but not enough to kill it. If you just did a water change, is there any chance that had something to do with it?

Sorry for all the questions, but...How long have you had this fish? Are there other fish in this tank and how are they doing? What were your parameters prior to the water change and what were they afterwards? Do you do frequent water changes?

Back
Top Bottom