Price saving ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joebro3333

Aquarium Advice Freak
Starting a 24 saltwater tank got a nanocube! And price saving ideas or anything to get the most bang for the buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

buy good stuff so your corals dont die and waste money haha. its an expensive hobby, you pay for what you get.

It's only expensive with start up maintenance is not to bad. Nano tanks are more sensitive to change in environment so be sure to buy good test kits and test often until you get a good regiment down for maintenance. Buy the best stuff you can the first time or Mark my words you Will regret it lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look on Craigslist. Get a setup of at least 75 gallons. Create a budget, and do it right. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

buy good stuff so your corals dont die and waste money haha. its an expensive hobby, you pay for what you get.

+1 Every time I tried to go the cheaper route in this hobby it's come back to bite me in the behind. Now I always make sure I get quality products in the first place or you're going to end up spending more money in the long run to fix any problems that arise from going cheap plus if you plan buying cheap (lights, for example) now and upgrading them later you've paid for your cheaper lights AND the more expensive ones. Patience is a virtue in this hobby - just wait until you have the money to do things right.

But on another note you can go to all the marine fish websites (bulk reef supply, marine depot, etc) and subscribe to all their newsletters to know when they're having sales and that is really the only way to get (new) quality products at reduced prices.

If you don't mind going used for your equipment, check craigslist or kijiji. But make sure you inspect what you're buying and have them test it in front of you and/or bring someone along who knows their stuff and can tell you what condition things are in.

Back
Top Bottom