proetein skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjs1981

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have had my kent marine bio reef set up over a month with the protein skimmer running i ahve set it up exactly how the manual told me but still the cup fills with water i have adjusted it every way possible an still it fills with water :banghead: please someone help me/ give me some advice

You might have to really really fine tune the adjustment. Adjust it, then let ir go for a little bit. Don't just sit there and keep adjusting cause it won't work, I was having the same issue. lol Adjust and leave it. If its not right adjust it again and again. SOme skimmers are very sensitive..

at one time i thought i had it right as it was bubbling as it should be then when i got up the next day it had again filled with water

Ok, I looked it up. :) How is the air intake tube? Is it clogged or under water? Thats about all I can figure since I'm not familiar with that model.

Well if you can get yours to work that would be ideal. Skimmers, especially nano ones are very finicky I've found. Thats part of the reason I havent run a skimmer on my smaller tanks.

How big is your tank and how often do you do water changes? Do you have corals? Any particular issues youre having that you wanted the skimmer? Alot of times you can get by just fine without one as I did on 29g and my Biocube. It all depends on your tank maintenance and what you put in as far as orgaincs. If you overfeed alot the skimmer can be quite useful.

my tank is 20gallons
i dont have corals
i have 10kg cured live rock
the reason i have the skimmer is as it came with the aquarium

Ahhh I see. If thats the case I would either try some more or just take it out if it gets too frustrating. The skimmer can be an added bonus once you start to keep corals but with a fish only setup I don't feel it's a necessity. But I would take some time and see if you can make it work. Sounds like we are missing something. is the skimmer submerged too far maybe?

Back
Top Bottom