Protein skimmer ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fredyyanez said:
What is a good power head ?

Korolia, tunza, and MP's are all good!

Remember not to use your skimmer till you have livestock! You definitly dont need the skimmer for the cycle!

Tank looks sweeet! Goodluck man

Wow ,thanks for the support ,I'm not used to hearing from nice people lol. Thanks, I'll check those out

Fredyyanez said:
Wow ,thanks for the support ,I'm not used to hearing from nice people lol. Thanks, I'll check those out

I try..lol.

Yeah. For a 55, i'd personally go with 2 Korolia 750's for proper flow. Thats one of the cheaper options too

Should -Two Hydor Koralia Nano powerheads (rated for 240 GPH) be sufficient for a 55 gallon ( 4 feet wide)
If not how many gph do the need to be

Fredyyanez said:
Should -Two Hydor Koralia Nano powerheads (rated for 240 GPH) be sufficient for a 55 gallon ( 4 feet wide)
If not how many gph do the need to be

I dont think thats enough... Youll need 500 at the very least

Hi I have a 30g tank running a Koralia 750 a fluval canister and an aquamaxx hob. The aquamaxx is nice because there is no pump inside the tank and it has a sicce pump. Which I've heard nothing but good remarks. I bought my skimmer for 179.99 with free shipping.

In terms of skimmers without a sump, I'd recommend looking into the reef octopus. Make sure you get one that is higher than the tank you are running.

In terms of powerheads, in my 55 reef I have 2 koralia 750s, 1 koralia 550,1 koralia 1050, and a marineland piece of garbage something or other which is along the lines of a koralia 1050. The amount of flow that you want is basically determined by the type of corals that you want to keep. I keep mostly SPS corals, so I need more flow. There are some LPS in my tank that are doing well as well.

Just read the reviews for both. I went with the aquamaxx because I didn't want to go over two hundred ad I didn't want a pump inside my tank. I reviewed bothe the aquamaxx and the reef octopus bh1000 because that hob model does not have the pump inside the tank. Differences were price- aquamaxx cheaper. Pump location aquamaxx is hidden inside the skimmer and reef is under the skimmer and I liked the blue coloration on the aquamaxx. A nice blue acrylic.

Back
Top Bottom