Protien Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xkenneth

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know this particular skimmer isn't on the list, but what does everyone think of the Jebo180 skimmer?

Regards,
Ken

I would be curious if anyone has any feedback on this item as well. I know that are rediculously low priced on ebay.com. I thought about buying one just to test it out but decided on a more reputable brand. I may end up snagging one for my quarantine tank to test.

Most of the Jebo Odyssea products are cheap for a reason. Also note that a lot of sites claim the Jebo Odyssea PS75 replaced the 180 model. Their main page http://www.jebo.com.cn/ is down currently so I can’t confirm that.

I haven’t used either skimmer personally and finding reviews for either is pretty hard as well. IME anything that doesn’t have a decent amount of reviews isn’t worth buying in the first place since it’s not even worth reviewing. (Unless it’s fresh on the market)

Well my friend recommended it, I just wanted to get some other opinions. He has a 10gallon nano reef with a clown, rasse, purple firefish, clean shrimp and one oversized anenome, don't worry he's upgrading soon. But my point is that the water quality is absolutely superb. I wouldnt say the Jebo150 or 180 can live up to their 150/180gallon stated range, but on half or less they seem to be a good buy.

if your friend's water quality is good, its' not so much the skimmer, as the insane number of water changes he's probably doing.

A protein skimmer is by no means necessary in a SW tank. Helpful, sure, but not mandatory.

I've not heard too many happy stories about Jebo skimmers. I'd look at other brands.

Well, I have the PS75, I bought it from eBay for less than $40 shipped. I used it for 2 days and it made skimmate like crazy. Then I finally put my wood canopy on and it doesn't fit anymore so it's sitting on the floor. I could probably sell it for $40.

The Jebo web site is working now but there's much not on it.

Back
Top Bottom