Protien skimmer need for 30g cube reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to know if a protien skimmer is need for a 30g reef tank. I was planning on getting some low light, hardy corals,

Thanks!

When I put a protein skimmer in my old tank (30 gallon cube) it stabilized my pH. My pH used to be 7.8-8 at the highest. After adding a skimmer it stayed at 8.2. I am sure it had to do more with water quality in general than only pH. Lol.
Like someone said before me it's not necessary but beneficial. If you gonna get one get a good one.

It mixes air and water together. So, it does aerate the water as well as remove nutrients. This may effect ph.

$50 is a great deal and it comes with decent reviews. I havent used one yet but have always been open to getting one if the price was right. lol

$50 is a great deal and it comes with decent reviews. I havent used one yet but have always been open to getting one if the price was right. lol

Yeah its coming with the 37g, a canister filter, 20 pounds of live rock and 30 pounds of live sand, and a uv sterilizer for 290$ but its a 4 hr drive!!! Gotta love craigslist! :D

Back
Top Bottom