Pump issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my pump isn't pumping like it used to, I noticed last night that the flow from my over flow was very weak compared to before so o got up early this moring and gave it a vinegar bath and scrub it. Still the same result, I think my pipes might be clogged up again.
But I'm kind of at a lost, my pvc pipes are glued and have 2 90 degree angles so cleaning them is gonna be difficult, any ideas?

That is a pretty difficult situation there. 90 degree elbows are always a bad idea...really cut back on flow...but this is pretty solid use of hindsight being 20/20.
The only thing I can think of would be some sort of snake, similar to how you would do so on your toilet if it was clogged. Is there any way to even look down the pipe to see if anything is in the way? How was it clogged before? I'd be more concerned about the fact it was getting clogged to begin with.

A snail fell in, but that was with the drainage pipe, nothing like that has ever happened with the out flow. I think I'm gonna invest in one of those flexible drain cleaners, I have a snake that's made of steal but it isn't flexible enough.

If the snake doesn't work then I'm just gonna pull the secetion out and clean it the best I can with a high pressured water hose. Luckily my hind sight kicked in there and it's a easy removeal haha

Back
Top Bottom